Undergraduate Research Scholar Designation
View Photos of Spring 2012 URSD graduates here
**DEADLINE FOR SPRING 2013 GRADUATES**
Deadline for name to appear in convocation program:
Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013
Final deadline for URSD for transcripts only:
Monday, April 22, 2013
The designation, Undergraduate Research Scholar, to appear in the awards section of the transcripts of graduating students, was approved by the Trustees of the University in Spring 2006, and was awarded for the first time to those students graduating in December 2006.
How it will work:
- A student must complete two semesters of research with a faculty mentor (if not done through UROP, BIO-URP, or another University research program, the student must obtain a signature from the faculty mentor and the chair of the faculty mentor's department, stating that two semesters of research were done.
- A student must participate as a presenter in a campus - wide U of U, state undergraduate research symposium, National Conference on Undergraduate Research or a professional conference.
- A student must be published in the U of U Undergraduate Research Abstracts journal, other campus research publication, national, regional or state conference program or proceedings or other professional journal.
With the application, students must submit:
- A copy of a page from the symposium or conference schedule, where the student's presentation appears, and a copy of the page from the Abstracts, campus or professional journal where the student's abstract appears.
- These materials will be sent to the UROP office and will be examined by a 5-person subcommittee of the Undergraduate Council, after which the subcommittee will forward the information to the registrar who will put the designation on the students' transcripts.
*Submit application and evidence no later than Wednesday, February 6, 2013 to have your name appear as a URSD recipient in the convocation publication for May 2013 graduation.
The final deadline to be eligible for spring 2013 graduation and receive URSD will be Monday, April 22, 2013. Be advised if you turn in your application and evidence after the first deadline of Wednesday, February 6th your name WILL NOT appear in the convocation publication. You WILL still receive the designation on your final U of U transcript but WILL NOT appear in the publication. All URSD applicants will receive instructions on where to sit during convocation and issued a white cord.